Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Last Day at Perth :(

Today is the last day in Perth. I actually feel sad going back, well at least I still had a great time. We all got dressed and good thing the teachers didn't forget about us. We got our bags and luggage inside the bus and we were off to the Naragebup Environment Center.
At the Environment Center, we learnt about organic stuff and how their office was made out of scrap materials! Like the walls were made with hay and straws. It was a little like a straw house. The most shocking part was that their toilets, didn't have a flush! They said it was called saving water. Anyway, we saw different types of small animals there like something like a goana, lizards, turtles and some monarch butterflies. They had a coop of chickens which produced the eggs. They even had a worm farm! In the worm farm, we learnt about what the worms fed on which was compost. Compost is just like apple cores and banana peels. I learnt that worms are actually quite useful. Once they eat the compost, the compost will turn into fertilizer! Isn't that just amazing? I even got to hold one. It kept wriggling and wiggling. The worm was also very slimy and disgusting.
Then it was time for us to go for lunch. Lunch was seafood and vegetarian pizza. The restaurant was called Bambinos Family Restaurant.
After lunch, it was time to say our goodbyes to Perth as we were going back to Singapore. The bus drove us to the Perth International Airport and we went through the immigrations, with the checking-in of bags and boarding the plane.
When we boarded the plane, it was roughly around 3:15 in the afternoon. For this flight, I watched a movie and played some games. When we arrived back ,our family members greeted us with lots of hugs. I really enjoyed the trip, I just wished I had bought more souvenirs. I wished we could go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment